First Day of Spring
Happy Spring! Today is the First Day of Spring and also International Day of Happiness. Those two go hand in hand nicely, don’t they?
To celebrate the arrival of spring, have a listen to today’s Motivation Monday video.
My top three ideas?
1. Take photos around the club of flowers, blooms, or any signs of spring. Ask members to share their first signs of spring from their garden or anywhere. Share to your social media, blog, in emails and in the newsletter.
2. Private Events/Catering Directors can share what flowers brides are choosing for their spring 2017 weddings. Perhaps other spring wedding trends. This would be even better in a video!
3. Capture video of your groundskeeper or gardener explaining what flowers will be blooming int he weeks to come. Have them give some tips which members can enjoy to tend to their own spring gardens.
In the video, I also share some quotes about spring which you can use when you share photos.
1. It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. ~Charles Dickens
2. Spring is sooner recognized by plants than by men. ~Chinese Proverb
3. It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want — oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! ~Mark Twain
4. In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours. ~Mark Twain
5. Spring is nature’s way of saying, “Let’s party!” ~Robin Williams
Spring is an exciting season – the season for awakening. Celebrate the arrival of spring and the festive spirit it will bring to your club members!