About Hunters Run Country Club
Nestled into 990 acres of lush South Florida landscape in the Delray/Boynton Beach area, Hunters Run is just minutes away from beautiful beaches, trendy shopping, exquisite dining, extraordinary cultural events and everything else that Palm Beach County offers. Our community encompasses 1,649 residences of mixed condominiums, villas, townhomes, and single family homes. Members enjoy 54-holes of championship golf, 30 Racquet Sports’ courts, and endless opportunities to enjoy outdoor pursuits. Members maintain an active lifestyle indoors at our Fitness Center, happy hours, 7 restaurants or participate in over 20 different special interest clubs, and numerous events throughout the year. The club also hosts several employee appreciation events each year.
BENEFITS FOR FULL TIME EMPLOYEES
Our staff enjoys a beautiful working environment, and an appreciative management team. Hunters Run employs over 200 people, representing 25 countries. We offer a very competitive salary, and full benefits package. Full time employees enjoy:
- A competitive base salary
- Medical and Dental
- Company Paid Vision
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan Plus Company Match
- Maternity/Paternal Leave
- Credit Union Access
- Bereavement Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Jury Duty Leave
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Vacation
- Direct Deposit
- TicketsatWork: program that offers exclusive discounts and specials for theme parks, attractions, cruises, Broadway shows, special events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets since 2001
Employee incentives include Fitness Center, Tennis and Golf Privileges, Tennis and Golf Retail Shop Discounts, Employee Meals Provided – Healthy Options Always Available, Intra-Departmental Promotional Opportunities, Recognition Awards Program, Employee Social Events, and more.
Director of Communication – Hunters Run Country Club
Private Clubs Online is pleased to partner with Hunters Run Country Club in Boynton Beach, FL in search of a fantastic candidate to step into the role of Director of Communication.
About the Director of Communication Position
The Director of Communication is responsible for creating and implementing a strategic, multi-faceted communications program designed to build and strengthen member connections and the club’s brand as a leader in the Private Club industry. This is a newly established position within the club. The Director of Communication will be a key component of the team to promote a positive image of the Club, both internally and externally, and deepen engagement with new and existing members through consistent and compelling communications. If you are searching for a role that is hands-on, that supports our high-level strategy, we welcome you to apply.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new and innovative ways to market and communicate the Club’s mission, goals, and objectives and to create a visual brand standard that reinforces these initiatives.
- Initiate, pen and edit compelling and accurate messaging for the Club President, Chief Operating Officer, and Directors.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed of new initiatives, products, and services.
- Create and follow a communications calendar to deliver effective internal messaging and communication strategies to further the Club’s strategic initiatives by using various print, digital and video communication channels.
- Identify opportunities to support organizational initiatives and develop communications materials and programs to promote and publicize these activities to the membership.
- Design, write, edit, and produce all guides, newsletters, brochures, presentations, flyers, posters, power point presentations, calendars, menus, banquet packets, invitations, signage, etc.
- Collaborate with the Director of Marketing, who manages social media, to ensure coordinated messaging among all communication channels.
- Develop original Clubster and eblast campaigns that correlate with Club goals. Designate an email schedule, in sync with the communications calendar.
- Handle and oversee communications to the membership promoting club events, catering, interest groups, Charity events, Club Leagues such as the Women’s Golf Leagues, Men’s Golf League, and Major Member-Guest events.
- Attend Director’s meeting and Committee meetings as assigned.
- Anticipate and plan graphics workload and coordinate with Club Directors and Members. Maintain strict adherence to delivery schedules.
- Manage internal television/digital communications throughout the Club.
- Be proactive and effective in creating best practices to facilitate all Club communications.
- Maintain the Club website with daily, weekly, and monthly updates and web blasts. Manage the development of future releases, population of website data and Club activity updates.
- Work with existing and new vendors to ensure the Club has the most cost effective and best quality printed supplies and paper products (menu paper, note cards, envelopes, paper, etc.).
- Take photos and/or video (or coordinate vendors) and produce media as required for functions.
- Benchmarking with other clubs and resorts in the area.
- Trains new hires on administration of digital platforms, website events calendar, and app as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent creative writing, proofing, editing and communication skills
- Superior project and time management skills; excellent attention to detail
- Energetic, enthusiastic and service oriented. Is responsive and has ability to foster relationships.
- Enjoys working with different personalities and can adapt/accommodate to others’ working styles to achieve the desired goals and objectives.
- Advanced skills in Power Point including use of color palates, master slides, animation, imported elements and template creations
- Advanced skills in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Express, Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly organized and a skilled multi-tasker
- Ability to understand, interpret and write about Club industry information
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Hospitality or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of solid and relevant work experience in the private club or hospitality industry, or in a Communications role, preferred.
- Graphics Design degree or experience considered a plus
Physical Requirements (The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. to waist height
- Frequent reaching, bending, turning, kneeling, and stooping
- Must be able to sit for extended periods
- Repetitive motion required including computer entry
- Normal vision and hearing ranges required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
A competitive base salary of $100,000 + DOE
See full list of benefits for full time employees above
Are you interested? Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to shanna(at)privateclubsonline.com with “Hunters Run Director of Communication” in the email subject. It’s a fabulous club, and I am so delighted to help find the right person for the role.
Looking to hire a Member Relations Director, Communication Director or similar position in your club? Let Shanna help you find exactly the right person. Placement services begin by getting to know your team, the club culture and the job requirements. Shanna will then work to find you the perfect person to fit the role. She’ll conduct initial interviews and provide you finalists. Once the new person is hired, Shanna will visit your club and help train your new director/manager. As a former Member Relations Director, Shanna understands the role and knows how to hire the right team members. Learn more about Placement Services.