“Shanna’s Member Communication Workshop was worth every penny – my associate and I attended and left feeling excited, like we were brought into a whole new world. We learned invaluable information about how to turn our stagnant membership communication around at our Club. Shanna is insightful, honest, and provided us with feedback on our actual communication channels. Shanna’s research into each of the attendees’ Clubs ahead of time crafted the workshop into a truly personalized experience. I would highly recommend that anyone in Club management attend this workshop.” Barbara Eisele, Director of Catering, Manor Country Club
Member Communication Workshop
The Member Communication Workshop is a one-day session, jam-packed with education and group discussion which will transform your club’s member communication. We discuss content creation, social media, email strategies, website, newsletters, digital media and communication planning – all of it! Each workshop is personalized to the participating clubs, so that we address the topics most helpful and meaningful for you.
Atlanta, Chicago, PNW, East Coast and Florida are all in the works. Stay tuned for more announcements on dates & locations in 2020!
Contact Shanna at 619.244.2400 if your club would like to host a Member Communication Workshop in 2020 or 2021. As a thank you for hosting the workshop (Private room and F&B for up to 30 people), you receive a complimentary private full day consultation from Shanna, the day after the workshop.
NEW! – Member Communication Workshop Online
So that more people have the opportunity to learn and improve member communication, the Member Communication Workshop is now online! This is a great opportunity for those who missed workshops previously, or whose city I’m not traveling to this year. The online workshop is conducted live and split over two half-days. You can participate from the comfort of your own club. You and everyone on your executive team can attend. This makes for an effective team building exercise, especially because the group activities are suited for the entire team.
The online workshop, is also jam-packed with education and group discussion which will transform your club’s member communication. Participants will log in to a digital meeting lounge, so that you can see the presentation slides, and participate in discussion. The Member Communication Workshop Online will also cover content creation, social media, email strategies, website, newsletters, digital media and communication planning – all of it! Every workshop is personalized to the participant clubs, so that we address the topics most helpful for you.
3 Dates to Choose From!
April 14 & 16
July 14 & 16
October 6 & 8
Live from 9am to 1pm PT
Workshop Agenda Day 1 – Tuesday
9:00 Welcome & Introductions
9:30 Creating Engaging Content
11:30 Social Media Management and Strategy
12:45 Additional discussion & overview of Day 2 agenda
Workshop Agenda Day 2 – Thursday
9:00 Welcome & Discussion
9:30 Email Management & Strategies
11:00 Strategic Planning – using forms & templates provided
12:30 Open discussion & review
Who should attend?
The workshop is ideal for Communication Directors, Member Relations & Marketing Directors, Membership Directors, and General Managers. Every department has a role in Member Communication, therefore department directors in Catering, Golf, Tennis, Food & Beverage and others will also find value in this education and are welcome to attend. The Member Communication Workshop Online is perfect for team building.
$525 per club, with no limit on the number of attendees at each club.
Fee includes education & workbook, plus video recordings of both sessions. You can refer back to specific sections or use the videos to educate team members who couldn’t attend live.
No travel & accommodation expenses!
2 half-days with a break in between so that you don’t miss a beat at your club.
• Registration is completed through the online form.
• Once your registration is complete, you will receive a receipt for your payment. Shanna will contact you to welcome you to the workshop, and provide you workshop details.
• The registration deadline is the Friday prior to the workshop at 5:00pm PT. Cancellations received before the Friday prior to the workshop by 5:00pm PT will be provided a 100% refund. Unfortunately, cancellations received after the Friday prior to the workshop at 5:00pm PT and no-shows are non-refundable. In the event you do need to cancel, please make sure to send an email to Shanna at email@example.com. Thank you for your understanding.
• For the Member Communication Workshop Online, all registrants will receive the video recording of both session after the workshop is complete.
• For more information, please contact Shanna at 619-244-2400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A note from Marcus King, PGA, CCM, CCE & General Manager of the Overlake Golf & Country Club:
“I’ve worked with numerous country club advisors and consultants to help me fill in our gaps and provide the best possible product for my members and my service team. Amongst a really good group of club professional advisors, I must say that Shanna has made the greatest impact on our operation. I hired her to help my leadership team dig our communications processes out of the mud including member emails, SMS communications, content management, and social media, and she delivered a practical and actionable plan for us way beyond my expectations. Her follow up work keeps us on track and it is fair to say that because of her, we have made a quantum leap in how we communicate with our members and service team. Our open rates, member engagement, and service team buy-in have never been better thanks to her work.”
A note from Larry Ahlquist, General Manager of City Club Los Angeles:
“Shanna was my Member Relations Director in a period of growth and expansion of City Club. As we grew to 1400 members from 1000, Shanna’s innovative programming and retention strategies, set our club apart as an example to follow in ClubCorp. She was one of the first to be certified by ClubCorp in the Member Relations position and received numerous accolades. Now we have the benefit of working with Shanna on our member communication, which is a space that is constantly changing. She continues to steer us in the right direction with retention efforts and keeps us on our toes and focused on Member Retention. I always think it’s a great idea to have my team members network with other private club professionals. Shanna’s workshop provides an opportunity to bring leaders in the industry around the table to tackle one of the private club industry’s most challenging issues.”
Here’s what participants have said about Shanna’s workshops:
- I absolutely loved it and it’s so nice to have something like this available to people in my role. Unlike golf, F&B managers, etc., there’s really only one person in a Club that does what I do so it’s so nice to not only have a reason to get together with my peers but to be able to—what I call—”nerd out” with them when you have no one else at your organization who you can do that with or who understands. The setting you create is the perfect environment to do that. The content (pun intended) of the presentation was relevant and interesting. I had so many great take-aways.
- Shanna’s Member Communication Workshop was worth every penny – my associate and I attended and left feeling excited, like we were brought into a whole new world. We learned invaluable information about how to turn our stagnant membership communication around at our Club. Shanna is insightful, honest, and provided us with feedback on our actual communication channels. Shanna’s research into each of the attendees’ Clubs ahead of time crafted the workshop into a truly personalized experience. I would highly recommend that anyone in Club management attend this workshop.
- Shanna was so much fun to get to know and learn from! Her background of working in Clubs showed that she truly was an expert in all fields of country club culture, which made her advice ad teachings on communications even better. Not only was she relatable and engaging, she took the time to get to know everyone in the room and hear about their issues and offer personal advice.
- Shanna’s communication workshop is chock full of useful information with content delivered straightforward and to the point. A benefit to any club that wants to improve its communication strategy and start using social media effectively.”
- There was a nice variety of managers from clubs of all sizes. I loved being able to hear their experiences from the different communication styles, member engagement, social media, etc. I gained so many tools and strategies from this workshop. I would highly recommend it to other club managers!
- Shanna’s communication workshop is chock full of useful information with content delivered straightforward and to the point. A benefit to any club that wants to improve its communication strategy and start using social media effectively.
- Shanna Bright’s presentation and workshop on content creation and communication really has helped our club look at social media, our web site and other outlets as a tool to create a community within our club, while keeping members informed and connected and even reach potential new members. We thank her for all her knowledge and experience she shared with us.
- Shanna shared a lot of insight, intriguing data and useful tips. I feel confident that I can go back to my club with some quick and easy improvements.
- Your workshop was both fun and informative. I like that you prepared a binder full of good information—I go back to it and refer to it often. Thank you!
- A well-organized & common sense workshop; goals set and tools to succeed provided.
- Fun, informative and clear, with great examples, sufficient breaks and not too much brain overload!
- The agenda and content was awesome. I have no questions, and I’m leaving with tons of info.
- I wanted to reach out to you personally to thank you and tell you it is by far the best and most relevant presentation I’ve attended in quite some time.
- I’m so glad I was able to make the trek from Memphis to LA for this workshop! I left with awesome information, great new connections, and an excitement to start posting some premium content.
- The seminar was excellent. Certainly gave us the tools necessary to get a good communications plan in place.
- Thank you so much for your amazing presentation.
- Great speaker. Great ideas/information to improve the member experience.