Member Communication Workshop – Charleston, SC
Tuesday, January 21, 2020
10am – 5pm
Daniel Island Club
600 Island Park Drive
Daniel Island, Charleston, SC 29492
From print to email, social media and apps, communication has become increasingly difficult for private clubs to manage effectively. In the private club industry, we struggle with a fine line of what content is appropriate to share publicly and what must be kept private. As clubs are welcoming younger members, communication preferences and lifestyles are changing. For the health and longevity of our clubs, we need to adapt and embrace new ways of connecting with our members. In this interactive workshop, we’ll aim to tackle the biggest challenges we face in the industry through a day of strategic planning. Discover how you can boost revenue, enrich your club culture and retain members, through strategic member communication.
9:30 Arrivals, Coffee & Pastries
10:00 Introductions & Open Discussion
Morning Agenda Items: Challenges, Content
12:30 Working Lunch & Open Discussion – Best Practices
Afternoon Agenda Items: Email, Social Media and Communication Planning
4:00 Final Notes, Questions & Conversation
5:00 Gift Giveaway, Closing Remarks & Tour of The Club
- Business Casual attire is acceptable.
- Participants will be provided options for lunch, please let us know about your dietary restrictions and allergies.
- The workshop is limited to 30 attendees in order to allow everyone the opportunity to contribute to the group activities and discussions.
This is a rough timeline of the topics we will address in the workshop. We may spend more or less time on these agenda items as needed and requested by attendees. Come prepared for lots of group discussion and participation. You will be provided with workshop materials for note taking and activities. You will also have a chance to win some great prizes for your club! This is a fun, productive and interactive workshop!
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for Communication Directors, Member Relations & Marketing Directors, Membership Directors, and General Managers. Every department has a role in Member Communication, therefore department directors in Catering, Golf, Tennis, Food & Beverage and others will also find value in this education and are welcome to attend. The workshop is perfect for a team building day.
$325 per person, first attendee from your club
$275 per person, additional attendees from the same club
Fee includes education & materials, coffee & pastries, lunch & dessert, and parking.
In the workshop order form, you’ll be able to register yourself and additional representatives from our club. If you have any questions, please contact Shanna at 619.244.2400.
- Registration is completed through the online form (click one of the boxes above).
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive a receipt for your payment. Shanna will contact you to welcome you to the workshop, provide you workshop details.
- CHARLESTON: The registration deadline is Friday, January 17, 2020 at 5:00pm. Cancellations received prior to Friday, January 17, 2020 by 5:00pm PDT will be provided a 100% refund. Unfortunately, cancellations received after Friday, January 17, 2020 at 5:00pm and no-shows are non-refundable. In the event you do need to cancel, please make sure to send an email to Shanna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding.
- For more information, please contact Shanna at 619-244-2400 or email email@example.com.
- To learn about the Long Beach Yacht Club, visit the website. To learn more about the Daniel Island Club, visit the website.
A note from Marcus King, PGA, CCM, CCE & General Manager of the Overlake Golf & Country Club:
“I’ve worked with numerous country club advisors and consultants to help me fill in our gaps and provide the best possible product for my members and my service team. Amongst a really good group of club professional advisors, I must say that Shanna has made the greatest impact on our operation. I hired her to help my leadership team dig our communications processes out of the mud including member emails, SMS communications, content management, and social media, and she delivered a practical and actionable plan for us way beyond my expectations. Her follow up work keeps us on track and it is fair to say that because of her, we have made a quantum leap in how we communicate with our members and service team. Our open rates, member engagement, and service team buy-in have never been better thanks to her work.”
A note from Larry Ahlquist, General Manager of City Club Los Angeles:
“Shanna was my Member Relations Director in a period of growth and expansion of City Club. As we grew to 1400 members from 1000, Shanna’s innovative programming and retention strategies, set our club apart as an example to follow in ClubCorp. She was one of the first to be certified by ClubCorp in the Member Relations position and received numerous accolades. Now we have the benefit of working with Shanna on our member communication, which is a space that is constantly changing. She continues to steer us in the right direction with retention efforts and keeps us on our toes and focused on Member Retention. I always think it’s a great idea to have my team members network with other private club professionals. Shanna’s workshop provides an opportunity to bring leaders in the industry around the table to tackle one of the private club industry’s most challenging issues.”
Here’s what participants have said about Shanna’s workshops and education sessions:
- Shanna’s Member Communication Workshop was worth every penny – my associate and I attended and left feeling excited, like we were brought into a whole new world. We learned invaluable information about how to turn our stagnant membership communication around at our Club. Shanna is insightful, honest, and provided us with feedback on our actual communication channels. Shanna’s research into each of the attendees’ Clubs ahead of time crafted the workshop into a truly personalized experience. I would highly recommend that anyone in Club management attend this workshop.Shanna shared a lot of insight, intriguing data and useful tips. I feel confident that I can go back to my club with some quick and easy improvements.
- Shanna was so much fun to get to know and learn from! Her background of working in Clubs showed that she truly was an expert in all fields of country club culture, which made her advice ad teachings on communications even better. Not only was she relatable and engaging, she took the time to get to know everyone in the room and hear about their issues and offer personal advice.
- Shanna’s communication workshop is chock full of useful information with content delivered straightforward and to the point. A benefit to any club that wants to improve its communication strategy and start using social media effectively.
- There was a nice variety of managers from clubs of all sizes. I loved being able to hear their experiences from the different communication styles, member engagement, social media, etc. I gained so many tools and strategies from this workshop. I would highly recommend it to other club managers!
- Shanna Bright’s presentation and workshop on content creation and communication really has helped our club look at social media, our web site and other outlets as a tool to create a community within our club, while keeping members informed and connected and even reach potential new members. We thank her for all her knowledge and experience she shared with us.
- I’m so glad I was able to attend your presentation this morning. I wanted to reach out to you personally to thank you and tell you it is by far the best and most relevant presentation I’ve attended in quite some time.
- I’m so glad I was able to make the trek from Memphis to LA for this workshop! I left with awesome information, great new connections, and an excitement to start posting some premium content.
- The seminar was excellent. Certainly gave us the tools necessary to get a good communications plan in place.
- Thank you so much for your amazing presentation.
- Great speaker. Great ideas/information to improve the member experience.
- Being rather low tech myself, this presentation was done in an organized way that made a lot of sense to me.
- Very easy to follow along and help generate ideas of what we can do at the club.
- Liked the way she was able to incorporate local club websites and twitter in her presentation.
- She was very informative and answered the questions really well. She went through the presentation at a great pace that was easy to follow along with.
- That was fantastic. I picked up serval actionable items to take back to my club.
- The suggestions you shared were very helpful and I am looking forward to implementing them over the summer for next season.
- Thank you for the great session, I created our club’s first Pinterest! Only one board so far, but it’s a start!
- I think you are “the cat’s meow” and thought you did a great job too.
- Learned a lot of information to bring back to the club.
- Very polished presentation.