From print to email, social media and apps, communication has become increasingly difficult for private clubs to manage effectively. In the private club industry, we struggle with a fine line of what content is appropriate to share publicly and what must be kept private. As clubs are welcoming younger members, communication preferences and lifestyles are changing. For the health and longevity of our clubs, we need to adapt and embrace new ways of connecting with our members. In this interactive workshop, we’ll aim to tackle the biggest challenges we face in the industry through a day of strategic planning. Discover how you can boost revenue, enrich your club culture and retain members, through strategic member communication.
Member Communication Workshop – Los Angeles
Monday, October 1, 2018
9am – 4pm
City Club Los Angeles
555 S. Flower Street, 51st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
Member Communication Workshop – Seattle
Monday, November 5, 2018
9am – 4pm
Overlake Golf & Country Club
8000 NE 16th Street
Medina, WA 98039
8:30 Arrivals, Coffee & Pastries
9:00 Introductions & Open Discussion – Challenges
10:00 Communication Strategy & Content Planning
11:00 Creating Engaging Content
12:00 Working Lunch & Open Discussion – Best Practices
1:00 Effective Email Strategies
2:00 Social Media Management
3:00 Final Notes, Questions & Conversation
4:00 Gift Giveaway, Closing Remarks & Tour of The Club
- Business Casual attire is acceptable.
- Participants will be provided a few options for lunch, please let us know about your dietary restrictions and allergies.
- The workshop is limited to 40 attendees in order to allow everyone the opportunity to contribute to the group activities and discussions.
- Please make your reservation no later than the Thursday prior to your session by 5:00 pm PDT. See below for important information.
This is a rough timeline of the topics we will address in the workshop. We may spend more or less time on these agenda items as needed and requested by attendees. Come prepared for lots of group discussion and participation. You will be provided with workshop materials for note taking and activities. You will also have a chance to win some great prizes for your club! This is a fun, productive and interactive workshop!
Who should attend?
This workshop is ideal for Communication Directors, Member Relations & Marketing Directors, Membership Directors, and General Managers. Every department has a role in Member Communication, therefore department directors in Catering, Golf, Tennis, Food & Beverage and others will also find value in this education and are welcome to attend. The workshop is perfect for a team building day.
$325 per person, first attendee from your club
$275 per person, additional attendees from the same club
Fee includes education & materials, coffee & pastries, lunch & dessert, and parking.
Click the button below to register. In the workshop order form, you’ll be able to register yourself and additional representatives from our club. If you have any questions, please contact Shanna at 619.244.2400.
- Registration is completed through the online forms – click the orange buttons above. All reservations must be received the Thursday prior to the session by 5:00pm PDT so that we can make sure the club is prepared and has received our menu choices.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive a receipt for your payment. Shanna will contact you to welcome you to the workshop, provide you workshop details, driving & parking instructions and take your lunch selections.
- Cancellations received prior to the Thursday before the workshop by 5:00pm PDT will be provided a 100% refund. (Los Angeles deadline is Thursday, September 27, 2018. Seattle deadline is Thursday, November 1, 2018.) Unfortunately, cancellations received after the deadline and no-shows are non-refundable. In the event you do need to cancel, please make sure to send an email to Shanna at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding.
- For more information, please contact Shanna at 619-244-2400 or email email@example.com.
- To learn more about the City Club Los Angeles, please visit the website.
- To l earn more about the Overlake Golf & Country Club, please visit the website.
A note from Marcus King, PGA, CCM, CCE & General Manager of the Overlake Golf & Country Club:
“I’ve worked with numerous country club advisors and consultants to help me fill in our gaps and provide the best possible product for my members and my service team. Amongst a really good group of club professional advisors, I must say that Shanna has made the greatest impact on our operation. I hired her to help my leadership team dig our communications processes out of the mud including member emails, SMS communications, content management, and social media, and she delivered a practical and actionable plan for us way beyond my expectations. Her follow up work keeps us on track and it is fair to say that because of her, we have made a quantum leap in how we communicate with our members and service team. Our open rates, member engagement, and service team buy-in have never been better thanks to her work.”
A note from Larry Ahlquist, General Manager of City Club Los Angeles:
“Shanna was my Member Relations Director in a period of growth and expansion of City Club. As we grew to 1400 members from 1000, Shanna’s innovative programming and retention strategies, set our club apart as an example to follow in ClubCorp. She was one of the first to be certified by ClubCorp in the Member Relations position and received numerous accolades. Now we have the benefit of working with Shanna on our member communication, which is a space that is constantly changing. She continues to steer us in the right direction with retention efforts and keeps us on our toes and focused on Member Relations. I’ve known Shanna a long time and I can’t say enough great things about her. She’s the best in the business.”
Here’s what participants have said about Shanna’s presentations and education sessions:
- I’m so glad I was able to attend your presentation this morning. I wanted to reach out to you personally to thank you and tell you it is by far the best and most relevant presentation I’ve attended in quite some time.
- I’m so glad I was able to make the trek from Memphis to LA for this workshop! I left with awesome information, great new connections, and an excitement to start posting some premium content.
- The seminar was excellent. Certainly gave us the tools necessary to get a good communications plan in place.
- Thank you so much for your amazing presentation.
- Great speaker. Great ideas/information to improve the member experience.
- Being rather low tech myself, this presentation was done in an organized way that made a lot of sense to me.
- Very easy to follow along and help generate ideas of what we can do at the club.
- Liked the way she was able to incorporate local club websites and twitter in her presentation.
- She was very informative and answered the questions really well. She went through the presentation at a great pace that was easy to follow along with.
- That was fantastic. I picked up serval actionable items to take back to my club.
- The suggestions you shared were very helpful and I am looking forward to implementing them over the summer for next season.
- Thank you for the great session, I created our club’s first Pinterest! Only one board so far, but it’s a start!
- I think you are “the cat’s meow” and thought you did a great job too.
- Learned a lot of information to bring back to the club.
- Very polished presentation.